Monday, June 17, 2013

Is it possible for summer to be flying by, but moving slowly at the same time?!

In one sense, I can't believe it's already June 17th. But I'm also over here thinking... is it really ONLY June 17th?! June is almost over, which is really exciting, but I still have to get through July. This is going to be difficult for me, because I'm so anxious and excited to begin nursing school! Lately, all I've been doing, beyond working, running, and online shopping (a bad addiction I can't seem to kick... thanks, Ruelala!) is preparing for nursing school. Applying for loans took up lots of time and energy (both physical AND mental energy), and after that, I had to take care of things for the apartment. Today, I officially got the electricity taken care of. Thankfully, there is no deposit to be made (THANKS PAPA!) which saves my roommate and I some money! I'm all about saving money ;)

I also had an advising appointment with a financial aid counselor at Duke this morning. I am amazed by how much personalized attention we all receive, and I absolutely love it. I'm not used to it, coming from a huge public university, and a fairly large public high school before that... but it's really nice that they take an interest in their students. It's a pretty big change from what I've experienced in the past! The financial aid counselor spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me, and catered the advising session to ME - it wasn't generic at all. You could tell she had spent a lot of time going over my record and my finances. She was so helpful in guiding me towards a personalized budget. Afterwards, I thought of a few more questions that I wanted to email her, and she responded to me almost immediately afterwards. I am so appreciative of their hard work and dedication. Figuring out finances is one of the most difficult parts of preparing to enroll at Duke, and she made everything so painless and easy for me, along with explaining everything to me in an easy-to-understand way :)

This week, I am off, besides babysitting Friday night. It's really nice to have the week off, especially since I had to stay with the boys Thursday night AND Friday night, and some of Saturday morning last week! My best friend Stef came to visit Saturday, and we spent Saturday afternoon and most of Sunday at the beach. Last night, I purchased my parking pass for school, which was incredibly exciting. It made everything seem a bit more real!

As for this week, I don't have any particular plans, other than going to Gainesville on Thursday to take care of some paperwork, as well as bring up some stuff that we will be moving to Durham.

I'm really excited to not have anywhere to be at a certain time this week. It's going to be WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Caroline, how has nursing school been treating you?
    Let me know if you're still blogging!

    ReplyDelete