Saturday, July 6, 2013

Dog Days of Summer

Not much has happened since my last post, other than signing up for a half marathon in October and the 4th of July, and doing some shopping (I bought a pair of Hunter boots.. they're so useful!). It's kind of crazy that I decided to do this, because I've NEVER done more than 4 miles at a time, but I guess it's now or never! I've always said I wanted to run in a half, and now is the time to train since I'm not super busy and fall semester is our easiest semester in the program! Tomorrow ends "week 1" of the training program I am using. I am using Hal Higdon's Novice 1 program! It's going well, except Thursday I had a little too much fun in the sun and I've had 2 painful runs since then with lots of cramping and heavy legs! I hope to finish the race in 2:37 or less.

Other than running, I've been babysitting a lot, as well as working at my full time nannying job. The 4th of July was Thursday, and that was fun! I went to my friend Dana's party, and after that, I went and watched fireworks with my friend Amanda and her boyfriend Zach, as well as her mom, aunt, niece, sister, and her sister's boyfriend! Then Amanda and Zach and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I indulged a little (OOPS!) and I came home.



Today I woke up at 6:45 and ran 3.1 miles. I was supposed to do it last night, but the run wasn't going very well so I cut it short (by 1.5 miles... oops! Haha) and ended up going to Dana's to hang out! After eating breakfast and showering, I've just been lounging around, using my foam roller, stretching and icing in preparation for my long(er) run tomorrow. I'm excited for it! I'm going to my old friend Allison's in a little to lay out and enjoy the sun. I haven't seen her since March, so I'm really excited!!! Tomorrow I babysit and I have my long run, so wish me luck! I have a good feeling about tomorrow's run though :)

I've been slowly preparing for the big move! I move my things into my apartment in about 2 and a half weeks, and I move for good in a little less than 5 weeks! I'm so excited. I have just about everything I need, other than shoes for clinicals, and I've even been doing a little bit of crafting (picture soon to come!). I am so excited to move to Durham!

No comments:

Post a Comment