Saturday, June 1, 2013

Here are pictures from some of the important things that have happened the past few months :)



Pictures from my Duke interview! The first collage is of the chapel. They showed us
the chapel during our interview and let us go inside and take pictures. The second picture
is at a restaurant in Downtown Durham called Dame's Chicken and Waffles.
It was really good!


Not only did I receive admission to Johns Hopkins, but I was offered the Fuld Leadership Scholarship at Johns Hopkins University!




The day I was admitted to Duke :) I'll never forget it! I was on the 5th floor at Shands, and I was waiting for an elevator. I had been making copies in nursing education, and afterwards, I had to go all the way to the ground floor and take the tunnel to the hospital across the street (to the building we call the "South Tower"). I  was so anxious to find out if I got in, and as I was making copies in nursing education, I started to get this feeling that I would get the email while I was in the tunnel, and I wouldn't have service to check my application status! As I was walking to the elevator with my copies, I decided to check my email before I lost service. THE EMAIL HAD ARRIVED! I put my papers down on an empty bed in the hallway, logged in to check my status, and waited with bated breath. I remember shaking as I typed in my log in info. When the page pulled up, I thought I was going to pass out. CONGRATULATIONS! was written across the top of the page, with a letter to welcome me into the program. I had gotten in! I was so excited and so were all of the people around me waiting for the elevator as well, hence the silly picture above. It was one of the best days of my life :) 


A night out at Balls with my best friend Stef!


Stef and I visiting our friend Vicki at UF's Dance Marathon in April


Emily and Kelsey and I at my last Techno Tuesday as an undergrad :( love these girls so much! We've had so many fun times together and made so many memories the past three years. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without them, especially during football season! "SportsCenter on SportsCenter on SportsCenter"!


ESG 12-13 Exec Board at the 2013 Spring Banquet! Loved working with these ladies. I'm going to miss this lots.



Stef and I at Balls... AGAIN! This time for AYCD from 6-8! It was our favorite bar this year :)









Graduation pictures with 2 of my best friends, Amanda and Stef :) thanks to my wonderful friend and roommate Ashley for taking them for us!



My good friend Sarah and I at a going away party for some of our teachers :)


Stef and I waiting in line for our LAST all you can drink at Balls as undergrads! It was a fun night!


My friend Ashley and I waiting to graduate!


Right before walking across the stage :)


Sarah came to watch me graduate! I love her. I'm going to miss her so much :(



Amanda stayed in town for 2 extra days to watch Stef and I walk! Love her lots :)


My sweet friends and roommates, Ashley and Melissa, made me this :) they were amazing roommates and are such good friends to me. I'm so sad we won't be living together anymore, but I'm happy because I know we will stay close friends forever! I'm also lucky to know that their hometown is only 30 minutes away from mine, so I can visit them whenever we are all back in town :)


Kelsey turns 21! And her sign reveal :D



We went to Univeral/IOA/Harry Potter World and City Walk for Kelsey's 21st!


Stef, Emily, Kels & I before dinner and going out


Memorial Day!


Back home in Melbourne for the summer, drinking by the river with my friend Sandy and her boyfriend Taylor






No comments:

Post a Comment